Sunday, September 19, 2010

Virginia City, NV

Sunday, August 15th --- 2010
Here we are at Virginia City, the center of the gold rush in the 1800's!
The signs are so vibrant! There are a bunch of saloons in this town.
Whoo! RED LIGHT DISTRICT!
A block away from the towns 2 churches!
The kids got to pan for gold!

Very cool candy store where we managed to spend $43.00!!
One small corner of the store...
The kids and I even went on an under ground mine tour! It was chilly and eerie!
What a cute crew!
The Makay Mansion...they used to sell gold bars out the front door!
I've always wanted one of these dressers with a china wash bowl set and silver hand brush with mirror!
Sunflowers are so bright and cheerful
The Forth Ward School built in 1876 for the 1,000 students that were living here during the gold rush! Sadly, it closed in 1936 --- it was really cool inside!
Hello students!
I was able to take so many fun, historic pictures here...wish I could share them all with you! It was a great day...I highly recommend visiting if you are in Reno!

No comments: