Sunday, September 26, 2010

Corn...mmmmmm....mmmmm!

Now, as you may know, I do not consider myself to be good in the kitchen AT ALL...nor have I ever canned or anything "cool and domesticated" like that --- I'm sure those who know me best were even suprised that I got a garden going this summer!! However, the girls at work were talking about a YUMMY, SUPER-EASY way to freeze corn and I LOVE CORN! We eat a lot of it as a family and I'm disgusted with the sodium levels of canned corn from the store and the kids are not big fans of the freezer corn....THIS COULD BE THE ANSWER, I thought! So, one Sunday afternoon, Chad and I took 5 dozen corn cobs, followed the recipe and froze our OWN corn!! I felt like a farmer for the first time!! My Grams would have been proud!
Had to boil the ingredients for 3 minutes...no more, no less!
Yep...this farmer is still in her jammies!
So far, so good! Man! This was FUN! Anybody have a good spaghetti-sauce freezer recipe??

No comments: