Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Treasure From the Past...

September 12th, 2010
THE TRUNK
It has been a part of our family for generations...I got it from my Grams and Gramps Nelson...and I LOVE the way it smells...like old books!
The inside is original as well
And look what I found! Correspondences...my Gramps kept EVERTHING, cards, letter, you name it! I even found a dress that my Grams wore a LONG TIME ago...one day,I'll write a post about it...it looks like a little girls size 8 it's so tiny! There is even a satin slip with it.
Can you make out the postage stamp year? Yep, that says May, 1942!!
I miss them so much it actuallu hurts sometimes...LOVE YOU GRAMS & GRAMPS!! Thank you for the amazing gifts you gave me...and I'm not just talking about the trunk!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Wow, you could spend HOURS looking through all of that. I find it very interesting. A few years back, your gram sent me MY birth announcement that she had kept for all those years. So sweet.