August 6th, 2011
SO! Our 2nd harvest event was picking SWEET CORN!! OOOOHHHHHH YEEAAAAHHHHH!! Anyway....it was a Sunday and I had just gotten done with work....and it had rained the night before. We HAD to get the corn picked though so off we went to BlueBird Gardens. We even took Bella with us! Aiden was in charge of walking her around....she's mostly white....oh GOOD - look below.
Here's a couple of morals for this story....if it rains, DON'T PICK CORN FROM A FIELD! ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE WEARING FLIP-FLOPS!! Good grief! It was hard enough manuvering though the corn! I kept losing my flip-flops in the mud!
See what I mean?! Now they are PLATFORMS! HAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA! I just have to add here that the kids and Chad started off with GREAT intentions....then all of a sudden, they are ALL in the mowed down isle with the dog!! Know what I did?! I just started picking like a mad woman and then chucked them at them!! HAHAHA!! I'd say "IN-COMING" and just WHIP those suckers! In fact, sometimes I wouldn't even shout out the warning if I was aiming at Chad! HAHAHAHA! I'm so NAUGHTY!
Somehow I'm thinking these feet are not as dirty as the first pic! ESPECIALLY the ones in the MIDDLE!
I know it's hard, but in the back of the truck is the LOOT....buckets and bags containing 15 DOZEN ears of sweet corn!! Now...."back to the lab again Watson" to freeze it! YAY!!




No comments:
Post a Comment