Wednesday, September 21, 2011

OH DEAR! Back to School Night....again!

So...here we are again, back to school night 2011. It's weird, it feels like we just ended the school year and WHERE DID SUMMER GO!?  sigh....Well!  Time to suck it up and "just keep swimming, just keep swimming"!  I brought the camera again to this event and I was asked by Parker to "PLEASE get all of your pictures tonight, mom because I REALLY don't want you in here the first day back at school....I mean, NO OFFENSE, but I AM in the 6th grade now"!!  Although I completely understand where he is coming from, I had to take a step back (and a sharp breath IN) because I'm the proud mother of a SIXTH GRADER?!  WHEN THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN!?!  Hahahaha....sorry for the language, but you ALL know how I am (please love me anyways!). 
 Here is Mr. Parker with Mrs. Moffett....you may remember her picture from LAST year!  They are doing some "shuffling" at DGF (don't ask...that is a topic for an ENTIRELY SEPERATE BLOG!) and since the in-coming kindergarten is SO HUGE, this years 5th graders have to be bussed to Glyndon~they must have enough of their own 5th grade teachers because they made the 3 we have in Dilworth 6th grade teachers (just for this year though I'm told ~ WHATEVER)!  Anyways, we are BLESSED to have Mrs. Moffett again~SHE IS AWESOME!  AND....the 5th graders will be switching between the three teachers to prepare them for 7th grade where they will have to be more responsible, remember to only bring the books they need and not have desks that store all their stuff!  I think it's a positive thing and VERY good way to introduce this new concept to them.  After all, they have ENOUGH adjusting to do once they hit 7th grade, right?  (in Dilworth, we do not have a "middle school" for those of  you who are confused at this point!)
 Here is Aiden at his desk....he is suprised that there is another Aidan in his class!  He has never had someone with the same name as him in class before!  And, while I love his hair, he WILL be getting a haircut this weekend BEFORE school actually starts! 
 Aiden's teacher is Mrs. M ~ we have not had her before and Aiden is EXCITED!  Sometimes it's hard to follow in your brothers' footsteps!!  He really likes her, says she smiles a lot, talks about her little boy AND says she "misses us" when they are gone for the weekend!  YAY!!
 Mrs. Sweet~Pea is SO STOKED to have her VERY OWN DESK this year!!  "Mom!  They even spelled my NAME RIGHT!!"  hahahahaaa...  I'm not worried about this little girl AT ALL!  She loves to learn ALMOST as much as she loves to SOCIALIZE!  Yep....takes after her dad all right!  HA!
 Savannah's teacher is Mrs. K.  Mrs. K was Parker's teacher when he was in 3rd grade (if you look back in the blog, she was SO involved with the kids and did SO MANY AWESOME science and social studies projects!!).  Savannah is VERY EXCITED to have her (and so is mom!) ~ Parker keeps telling her how lucky she is even though she did not get the teacher BOTH of the boys had in 1st grade.  To be honest, it wouldn't have mattered WHICH teacher we had gotten, they are ALL SUPER AWESOME at this grade level!!  I can't WAIT to watch Savannah grow under Mrs. K's care!  And I'm TOTALLY signing up for ALL the class helper projects! 
On our way out the door, Savannah ran into two of her best friends from Kindergarten ~ Miss R and Miss E.  These three are going to be BIG TROUBLE when they get older!!  BUT!  They are cute, smart, and very polite....in addition to being divas!!  Listening to them giggle is musical!  Hope they continue to be happy (and polite!) and best friends!!

No comments: