Thursday, September 22, 2011

The 1st Annual Boys' Football Draft

SEPTEMBER 5th, 2011
HOW FLIPPIN' COOL IS THIS!?  The neighborhood boys got together and started their own FOOTBALL DRAFT!!  These boys have just grown up SO FAST and they have all been friends since Kindergarten and I think it is SO NEAT that they now have another tradition to celebrate together!
 Here we have Parker in our neighbor Austin's garage.  I can't thank Sarah (the mom) enough for having the draft at their house and being the "notes keeper"!!  She did a GREAT job and she just has SO MUCH PATIENCE!  Thanks, Sarah!!
 Here they all are, at the table....see Sarah in the rocking chair?! ;o)
As you can see, this is VERY serious business....there are draft books, pens, highlighters, stats and even CAFFINATED SODA (thanks, Chad for that contribution)!!
Here is Austin...he had it all together on the computer, I called him "The Director"....it was SO FUN to watch these guys in action! 
And by the end of the night, they were horsing around like YOUNG MEN do!  Parker is so proud of his fantasy football team....he checks on the players all the time and is very responsible in getting his team together before game day (he just tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to input here that he is currently 2-0, hahahahaha)!  I think he really sees this as another "right" into manhood....I think he is right!

No comments: