Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Boy and His Dog

SEPTEMBER 19th, 2011
Oh Mr. Aiden Lee....this little boy has got the BIGGEST HEART!  Don't get me wrong, he is a TOTAL stinker and has given me MOST of my grey hairs, but underneath it all, that heart is SOLID GOLD!  And, he has an especially soft spot for animals and babies! 
 I remember one morning when he was 3 ~ it was the end of summer and we were getting into the car, headed for daycare and a cricket jumped out at me....I don't really get freaked out about bugs, but there is just SOMETHING about crickets that CREEPS ME OUT!  So, naturally, I stepped on it.  Aiden just about had a heart~attack and pushed my foot off the cricket, bent down to examine it, looked up at me with those HUGE blue eyes and said, in that slight lisp he had, "No mommy!  That's God's creature!  We don't hurt God's creatures!!  We are ALL God's CREATURES!" 
Ummmm....OK.....I had to take a minute to catch my breath.  Obviously it stuck with me since I am telling you this story 5 years later!!
Tonight, he was just "chillin'" with Bella and said, "hey mom....can you take our picture?".  YOU BET, BUDDY!!  Some days are just meant to end in smiles and snuggles and that is EXACTLY what I did with Aiden Lee after I snapped this picture!  I PRAY his kindness and gentleness touches others as it touches me on such a regular basis! 
LOVE YOU AIDEN LEE!!

No comments: