Monday, March 9, 2009

Sundae Fundae!

It's actually Monday...BUT! It's blizzarding out, it took us FOREVER to get home (thanks to the weather!), and the kids just found out school is cancelled for tomorrow! HOO-RAY!! I think that calls for a TREAT...so SUNDAE's it IS for snack (I know...I'm not a big fan of "healthy bedtime snacks" obviously...but who's gonna argue with MOM?!). We just whip out all the toppings and the kids get to pick what they want MOUNDED on their vanilla ice cream (for the most part, mom won't let them make it so soup-y with toppings that they won't eat it...I KNOW...what a buzz-kill!).
Of course I tell them they can't have any until I take the traditional FRIGGEN PICTURE!
Parker gets to go first as he is the oldest! He enjoys strawberries, a "little" Hershey's chocolate syrup, whipped cream and chopped up nuts on his!
Aiden goes for the simpler approach (at least with ice cream!)...bring on the strawberries and WHIPPED CREAM!
We can ALWAYS count on Savannah to mix her "favorites" up a bit-one never knows WHAT she is going to ask for (that's a ladies RIGHT though, eh? To keep everyone on their toes!?) Tonight, she decides that Parker's sundae looks REALLY GOOD, so she "copied" him!
So here's to all you mama's out there who throw dental hygiene to the wind (just ONCE in a while!) and pig out with the kiddies in celebration of NO SCHOOL CUZ WE LIVE IN THE TUNDRA! Can I get a "whoop-whoop"!?!?