I really don't know what to say about this...words seem pointless because unless you are HERE experiencing the disaster, it doesn't seem real. Even for us in Dilworth, we can't SEE the water, we are high and dry - however, 5 miles from here, people have been evacuated from and have lost their homes. I didn't want to go out and take pics of people's misery, the police are arresting people who are rubber-necking and not helping, but Emmett took me to my my grandparents' (Pat and Al) so I'll post some pics from that. In addition to the flooding, we've experienced one major blizzard and the snow is currently falling for the second blizzard that is on it's way. All businesses that are not critical (ER's - the hospitals have actually been evacuated!!, grocery stores, etc) have been shut down by the cities - even school has been out for almost a week.
Everything from the sign back is water...
Here is the bridge that is at the end of their street...can you see the road signs?
I was standing in water here
Here is the fire hydrant in their front lawn
This is how they are getting to people and either escorting them out or bringing provisions to them...ice and boats...hmmm...
The cavalry...these babies have been running non-stop. Chad said that in this neighborhood, the trucks would line up with trailers to get loaded up with sandbags (there were 2 stations) - they would load the trucks and then just follow it to whomever's home needed them...then they would line up and start laying them down. This neighborhood was AMAZING in their unite to save their homes. I've heard that New Yorkers think they are pretty tough (no disrespect intended), I'd wager those living in the FM area could stand with them toe to toe.
Here's a sump pump that is partially frozen yet still running...into a very large, ICY pool!
The neighbor's shed...yep, those doors that are under water are standard size!
Never thought I'd see an AIR BOAT in Minnesota!
1 comment:
All I can say is WOW. Kudos to you Brandi for standing in the cold water to get a picture. :)
Post a Comment