Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Book From the Past...



Parker came running out of school on a Monday holding a book. He wouldn't show me what it was, but once we got home he asked me to "write my name". So, I wrote my name: Brandi Juntunen. He said, "No, mom, write your OTHER name - you know, your FIRST name!" So I wrote: Brandi Buschette. He got quite excited, said, "I KNEW it was you", whipped out this old Science book and opened up the cover. There it was...my "first name", written in pencil by a 3rd grade girl, TWENTY FOUR YEARS AGO!!
WHAT ARE THE ODDS that he would have a book that I HAD so long ago? I asked him if his teacher had given him that book and he said, "No, we went to a room where they were stacked up and I just picked this one". WOW! I was completely blown away! There are a number of things that Parker and I share a love for, but reading is the main one...this is really cool! My next question to him (of course) was, "What in the world are you doing using a 24 year old science book in class!?!" His reply: "Well, you know mom, the concepts of gravity, force and volume haven't really changed".
And there you have it!

No comments: