MAY 11th, 2011
The dentist has been talking to Parker and I about the "possibility" of braces for the past 2-3 years. When his adult teeth started growing in, it was obvious the teeth were too large for his little mouth! In fact, in 2008, he had to have some of his molars surgically removed ~ OUCH!! Yes, the Tooth-Fairy is VERY generous to little boys who have to go through surgery! The funny thing is that Parker has been looking FORWARD to getting braces! I guess it's the "in-thing" to do and they are putting them on kids at younger and younger ages. I remember when I had to get mine, I was in 7th grade and one of the younger ones at that time to get them...PLUS, I didn't WANT to get them - ohhh dear....how the times have changed, huh (and not only just in PRICE - WOW!)!?
So, TODAY is THE DAY! Parker gets his braces and they even let me tag along to snap a few pics!
Here he is in the car BEFORE:
ummmm.....anyone else think this looks PAINFUL!? Goodness!! They stopped midway through and gave his jaw a break!
And AFTER! He chose blue and green bands alternating on the brackets:
I was suprised that it didn't take very long to apply them. He also did not have to get the metal bands around his molars like I did (whew!). Tylenol every 4 hours, a bite plate and instructions on how to brush and floss - even gave him a travel toothbrush for school! I think we are SET! I offered to keep him out of school the rest of the day, but he wanted to go back and show everyone! Ahhh my cute little brace-face!!
No comments:
Post a Comment