All right....confession time....I have a job. It's not the job I invisioned myself having 10 years ago. That being said, I also have to say that this job is also affording me opportunities that I have not been able to have in the past. Currently, I am a Registered Nurse....well, a RN with a Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology, which in itself, is an oxymoron, but I digress! Bottom line: due to the fact that I have a ROCK STAR husband and the fact that I feel like I found a place I fit in...in a PROFESSION I have felt from the beginning that I DO NOT fit in, I am able to do what I believe is the most important job I will ever have: support and follow my children.
Now, PLEASE do NOT get me wrong here...I am in NO WAY saying that women who work and are providing for their families, and in return are NOT able to attend their children's activities are not doing their jobs. I have more respect for the woman that is at her job WISHING she could be watching her child at whatever activity they are in, than I do for even myself.
What I am trying to convey here, is that I have been "meandering".... I may still be lost in the way of my professional life...but I feel CONTENT in the fact that I can spend the time I WANT TO SPEND with my kids. I don't see going to all their activities as a "chore".....in fact, I'm not sure what the heck I'd be doing instead - if I feel like going on a trip - the first thought I have is, "where would the kids like to go". NO...I'm not thinking I'm "special" or that I'm friggen' "mother of the year" - for those of you who know me, that is the FURTHEST thing from the truth....just ask my kids, hahahahhahaa! I'm selfish when it comes to them and a slight control freak...I admit it ~ judge me kindly, please!
Here is the poing of this blog (as you should be able to tell by now, this blog isn't supposed to be dedicated to what I think!! HAHAAHAAHA!).
Thanks to my husband and the current job I have, I am able to be home during the week to be a spectator in my children's lives FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!! I volunteered to be a chaperone for Savannah's class field trip! Let's get to the important stuff, eh? I rode the bus with my little Sweet Pea and we headed to Yunker Farm (I have blogged about this place numerous times in the past)....
Here is the outside park. Yes, every school has one...no, I have NO idea why this one is so much more fun than the one at our school ~ HA!
This is the group that I am in charge of! Aren't they DARLING Princesses!?!
And LOOK! We get to COOK here! These little mitties are SO CUTE! Not to mention how cute the little girl WEARING them is!
They even got to ride the TRAIN! There was a little covered "bridge" area right before this pic and the conductor had them all screaming VERY LOUDLY in there. They had SO MUCH FUN!
Finally, her class....ohhh how I admire teachers. Lord knows I could NEVER do it!! Thank you, Mrs. Kasprick for a WONDERFUL year and a SUPER introduction to school for Savannah! Keep up the GREAT WORK!





1 comment:
Brandi, you ARE a great mom!! I'm very lucky that I have a job where I can take off pretty much whenever I need to in order to be at all the school events, parties, and field trips. Addison's first 'school' field trip will be in the fall...I can't WAIT!
Post a Comment