Sunday, May 24, 2009

Aiden Advances to GREEN Belt!

May 7th, 2009
Hoo-Ray Aiden Lee!!
He has been waiting a long time to become a Green Belt, and tonight, he DID IT! When you become a Green Belt, you are allowed to attend the "Advanced Class" which is where his brother Parker is! I have to admit, I was REALLY looking forward to it as well because it means I don't have to sit in the gym for 2 hours each Tuesday and Thursday night...only 1! This is a sport I really admire - it teaches the kids wonderful life skills in addition to defense skills. I have to admit, it looks pretty fun from the sidelines!!
This is a picture from part of his pattern. It's usually a 20-step movement with kicks, punches and yells! Another section of the test includes what they call "basic one-steps". Here he got to render a Jr. Blackbelt to the ground!
This is another one of the Basic One Steps...yes, Aiden got to throw Mr. M over his head!! Of COURSE it was Aiden's FAVORITE move (besides the board break!). Aiden's legs weren't even long enough to reach Mr. M's waist while standing, Mr. M had to bend down a little! What a great role model he is!
Here he is showing he learned his "combination kicks", I believe he had to learn numbers 6-10 and each number has between 3-5 kicks that have to be done in a specific order!The very last skill they preform is a board break and the color belt you are testing for determines what kind of break you have to do. Aiden did a running side kick (jumping over 2 of his classmates!) - he broke it on the first try!! YES!
My happy little man with Master Chris...he is so good to the kids! Way to go Aiden Lee!! We are SO PROUD OF YOU!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I am SO impressed, that looks like FUN!