Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Parker is 12!!

OCTOBER 6~16th, 2011
IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!?!  GOOD GRIEF!  Where did the time go!?  (LONGEST POST EVER AHEAD....just warnin' ya!)
 I still remember.....
when we welcomed you into the world after 2 days of labor, being sent home from the hospital TWICE (in fact, Grandma Joey said on the 3rd trip that if they didn't keep me, we'd "just wait in the lobby")!!  You certainly had an audience that day....Grandma's Pam and Joey, Auntie Missy and Daddy ~ who, by the way, needed more medical attention than mommy when the "show" was over!  heheehhe!  You were 7 lbs, 15 ounces and were 22 flippen inches long!!  Yeah...I couldn't even SIT in a chair at the end, but you were TOTALLY WORTH IT!!
SPLASHING IN THE TUB!  This was my FAVORITE time with you....time in the tub!  You were always SUCH a HAPPY boy and are STILL a TOTAL FISH in the water!!
Getting your FIRST PAIR OF SHOES....AFTER you learned how to walk!!  Just LOOK at that bald head and beautiful eyes!!  We bought them at Scheels in Moorhead on a weekend trip home (we lived in Iowa at the time)!  I have them still....in my wedding chest!
TEACHING YOU TO GOLF!  Oh good grief....you were just over a year and Grandma bought you a little golf cart with plastic clubs.  You and I were living in Iowa (grad-school for mom) and dad was living in Fargo.  I brought this setup back to Iowa with us and you would NOT STOP PLAYING GOLF!  Even in the RAIN!  Day after day after day after day....I must have looked like Tiger Woods' dad out there with you, except I was BEGGING you to COME IN THE HOUSE!!  The funny thing is....I don't golf.  Everything I taught you was what I learned from your dad talking to me (INCESSENTLY at times) about this game that he loves....how cool is it that you seem to share the same passion at such an early age!!  At least I taught you how to hold the club right!!
YOUR FIRST BIRTHDAY!!  Yes, we still lived in Iowa and Uncle Todd and Auntie Mary were kind enough to let us have our party at their beautiful home on the outskirts of Moorhead!  It was a Scooby Doo theme because you were OBSESSED with Scooby Doo at this point....which, I may add, I didn't mind because I loved the old Scooby Doo too!  We had a cake with Scooby's head just for you to DIG INTO~ but....you WOULDN'T!  You didn't like to get your fingers dirty!  Sorry, Bubba, but I had to say it!!  And when we all started singing Happy Birthday....you started CRYING....we must have been too loud!  MAN!  You are SO CUTE!
Supporting our FAVORITE TEAM!!  Yeppers!! Even in IOWA, we are sportin' the purple and gold!!  LOOK AT THAT FACE!!  I can't even TELL YOU how much I love you!
I ALSO REMEMBER~VERY VIVIDLY, I MAY ADD.....NAKED TIME!  Parker, you are going to have to ask Annie and Melissa S. about this!  We STILL lived in Iowa and you were CONSTANTLY exerting your indepenence by GETTING NAKED and PULLING OFF YOUR DIAPER!  So....not knowing WHAT ELSE to do...I invented "Naked Time".  It was after supper, the half hour before bath time....you were naked and got to run around the house as you wished....can you tell how AWFUL it was for you in the above picture!?!?  Yeah....when my friends wanted to come over and study, I had to remind them that between 6:30 & 7:00 was NAKED TIME.  I had the best friends EVER....they didn't mind in the least!  THANKS GIRLS!!  Never would have made it through Grad School without you!!
And here we are....back in Fargo ~ at our town house....I am remembering YOU....you couldn't WAIT for your little brother to arrive!! Often, you would fall asleep with that blanket stuffed inside your shirt....AND....you would tell it how EXCITED you were for it to arrive....just like daddy did to mommy's tummy!! (hey! if you're gonna barf....turn your head, kay!?!?)! 
Celebrating Mommy's FAVORITE HOLIDAY...those jammies, you got in the mail from your auntie Sheila!!
Now, we SNAP BACK TO THE PRESENT....
You picked Hu~Hut's as the place for your family birthday supper!  WE ALL LOVED IT!!  Just LOOK at this family we have!!  You are LUCKY and SO ARE WE TO HAVE  YOU, PARKER!!  We did this on your actual birthday, October 6th!
 Then....the following Sunday (a week later that is....) we had your friend party!  Did I mention that this is your FIRST, BOY/GIRL party!?!  I had to put "supervised" on the invite!!  Hahahaha!  We went to see REAL STEEL....it was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!
 Here are 2 of the girls you invited, Sophia and Sierra....one of the girls couldn't make it.
After the matinee movie, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for a bite to eat....yeah, I'm TERRIBLE...the Mt. Dew and boxes of candy you saw in the above picture....I snuck them in! 
 Here you are, Mr. Birthday boy, with Austin....he was the FIRST FRIEND YOU MADE in the neighborhood we (still) live in!!  We were the 2nd house in this addition and his was the 3rd...just so happened to be RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET and you are in the SAME GRADE!! 
 Taylor and Tyler...also good buddies....these two are SUPER SWEET BOYS!!
Aiden got to come along!
 Had to get a pic with you and at least ONE of the girls!!  She got you sour gummy worms and a gift card to Scheels!!  (It's a HUGE sporting-goods store for those of you who don't live "round these parts")!!
And, Miss Savannah....she is your BIGGEST CHEERLEADER!!
 OH YAY!!  I got a pic with Sierra as well!!  These girls were nice to have at the party....
 Taylor is in your class at school and knew that you like to play this game in Mrs. Moffett's class (COOLEST TEACHER EVER BTW!!)....how THOUGHTFUL of him to remember that for your party!!
And here you are....trying to prove you're a tough guy....taking the BLAZING WING CHALLENGE!  Ummm....yeah....I'm not even going to post the after picture....you know, the one of you BARFING up the wings!?!?!  Someday though....revenge is TERRIBLE!!  MMMWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Love you, Parker.
You are my first born.
My heart.
And I wish the world for you...PLEASE STAY THE SWEET, BRILLIANT MAN YOU ARE NOW....the world needs it! 
Hugs and Kisses (mainly to embarrass you)
Mom

No comments: