I'm sure you are all sick and tired of me talking about Bluebird Gardens....BUT....I have to share another cool thing. We received gourds in our box and I have NEVER used these things for anything other than decoration before. This time, we got an email from "Farmer Mark" with a recipe that I just had to try (I know, you're probably thinking I'm LAME because; a. I don't usually cook, and b. I'm excited about a gourd recipe ~ please bear with me!).
We started out with these cute little things....
And made them into THIS! It's a hamburger, mushroom, onion stuffing (we also made 2 sweet ones with just brown sugar and butter in them).
After stuffing them, we placed them in a pan with about 2 inches of water and baked them for an hour ~ didn't they turn out cute!?
TA~DAA!! Here is the final "masterpiece"! Everything on this plate is from Bluebird Gardens (potatoes, mushrooms, onions, gourds, even the salad we had with carrots that isn't pictured)! The insides of the gourds fell right out of the skins and we mashed them up ~ it was an interesting combination of meat, mushroom and gourd....I kinda liked it! And the dessert gourd was YUMMY as well! We are certainly going to sign up for a share of the farm again next year!
Thanks for reading!




No comments:
Post a Comment