Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Apple Crisp Adventure!

So, it's a school night and Parker has been harrassing me since we went to the apple farm to make a pie or some apple crisp....how could I say no and let all those apples go to waste!?  FIRST, though, I had to go out and get myself an apple peeler!  As graceful as I am, I woulda cut off a finger for SURE trying to peel them myself! HA!
Isn't it cute?!  It's green!  I had to go all the way to the mall in Fargo to get it though because neither of the Target's or Wal~Mart's around here carry them in the store!  WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?! 
SUCCESS on the first try!  And, I only cut my thumb open ONCE playing around with the blade (trying to make it tighter!) .... oh well.... just a little SPICE for the pie, eh!?
OF COURSE we had to get Ty in on the action!  He did do some of the work pickin' apples after all!!
 On the left is our oatmeal cookie topping....the right side is obviously the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon!
 Good job guys!
Yeah....this is how Aiden helps!  After we've gotten everything into the pan, he decides he wants to peel some apples!  Oh....and eat one as well!  Good Grief!
 Goofballs, gettin' their fingers dirty with the crumbles....
 TA~DAAA!!  Here is the final product!  And it's LATE at this point....I didn't realize how long it would take to bake!  Better eat up fast, kiddos!
All in all, it was a very good first try!  I made the mistake of putting melted caramel in the topping so it turned out a little too sweet for me!  Maybe that's a good thing because I only ate a few bites instead of eating the WHOLE APPLE CRISP!!  Hehehehheehhee!  The kids gave it a THUMBS UP though so we just may have to make this a new fall tradition!!

No comments: