My aunt Darlene came to visit us from Minneapolis...she is my dad's closest sister (and when I say "close", I mean it! My dad was born in January and she was born in December OF THE SAME YEAR!) - anyway, we haven't kept in touch with her as much as we should, or would LIKE to (guilt, guilt, guilt). While she was here, she was asking the kids about their "likes"...Aiden likes Dinosaurs and bugs, Parker likes to learn new things, and Savannah currently likes BARBIES! WELL! When my sister and I were young (you know, back in THE DAY) - my aunt made Barbie clothes...not just ANY Barbie clothes - she made DRESSES...FANCY dresses! Just so happens that when she returned home, she found a few "stashed away" and sent them to Savannah! WHAT A TREAT! It was like Christmas in August for this little girl! She couldn't BELIEVE that someone she knew MADE the dresses and that they don't SELL any like them in the stores!! Yes, she told EVERYONE she came in contact with about her "super-cool Aunt"!! What a talent this is...and it makes little girls SO HAPPY...I remember the stunning dresses my sister used to get for her Barbies - in fact, I'm sure she still HAS THEM! Thanks SO MUCH Aunt Darlene...you are a blessing!
1 comment:
I'm so glad somebody likes Barbies! My grandma made ALL our Barbie clothes, so cool. She even crocheted a wedding dress. Only Barbie would look so beautiful in something like that.
Post a Comment