Saturday, January 3, 2009

In the Details...

So, yesterday I'm trying AGAIN to get toys out of boxes and put into the rubbermaid totes I had to purchase to hold them all and I stopped for a second (or two - wink!) to look at the darling little Barbies Savannah got for her birthday (which is on December 27th...see the issue with the toys!?). I sat for a minute reminicing about how much my sister and I used to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Barbies. As I was cutting the 20th (or so) wire you need to cut to get these little suckers out of the box, I noticed how DETAILED they are and how CUTE their little faces are these days! Here...take a peek at them (and yes, I am very aware that I am a grown woman playing with dolls!...idle time is not my friend!)




See her detailed head wrap and the streaks of pink in her hair? These specific dolls are "Little Muses" from the Barbie Diamond Castle collection...they are only about 3" high! And they are QUITE GLITTERY!



Now check out her SHOES!! When I was a little girl, the shoes NEVER stayed on the feet and they NEVER looked like this!

Here is my favorite of the three...the red-headed one! I tried to get a close up so you could see the matching teal eyeshadow...that is GLITTERY!

Here are all three of them with their glitter-covered miniature horses! I'm sure the glitter will fall off (all over my house) in time, but they are really cute and Savannah LOVES them! Perfect size for her little hands!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Awww, I just LOVE little girls. I used to collect all the strawberry shortcake dolls. I think I still have them somewhere, I'll have to find them so Addie can play with them someday.

The Johnston's said...

I hope I have a little girl for my next child. I want to do all the fun girl thing. I think it would be fun to see one of my children, tap dance or be a gymnast.