Monday, January 12, 2009

I CAN DO IT!! I CAN READ!!

Ohhh, what a heart-warming, ELATED feeling I had after leaving Aiden's room last night at bedtime!! We did his Kindergarten homework (I know, HOMEWORK in Kindergarten...WHAT THE!?!?) and he had a two-page, folded in half sort of reading assignment to do - WHICH he did with ease. You know the ones, they go like: "Go, Nan! Nan ran, ran, ran. Go, Pat! Pat ran, ran, ran. Go, Van! Van ran, ran, ran. Go, Cat! Cat sat, sat, sat." ~the end. Aiden's comment to me after reading this out loud was, "that's WAY too easy to be homework, mom!" So I decided to grab the little phonics books I bought to help Parker learn how to read (which he just HAD TO DO BEFORE starting Kindergarten!!). I sat on the bed with Aiden and just asked him to TRY it...well, that was a challenge he was MORE THAN willing to take on!! I was just estatic he wanted to TRY! And...for the BEST part (I know, your thinking, "can it REALLY get better?", but hold on to your shorts!), he tackled it like a PRO and READ THE ENTIRE 10 Page BOOK! He sounded out words like rowed, faster, yelled, jumped and tipped! I had to help him out with "trailed" and "behind"...but WOW!! I'm SO PROUD OF HIM!! I took a picture of the book (not of him reading, that would be distracting and I didn't want to take the chance he would want to quit!):

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Will you read ME a story Aiden?