Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall Decor!

Thursday, October 9th: 2008
You know, it's been a couple of years since I've had the time and ENERGY it takes to drag out the boxes of Halloween/Fall decorations, dust the knick-knacks off, and find a place to display my treasures!! Granted, I didn't go FULL OUT today, but I quite a bit of decorating (3 tubs are still full but I'm going to "let it go" for this year)! And now my back hurts! Ha, ha, ha...
Since this is my very favorite time of year (haven't heard that before from me, have you!?), I'm going to post some pics and expose JUST how crazy I am! I hope that at least my children will get some joy out of my efforts!

This is the center of our butcher block...I love the witch hat, my mom bought it for me!
Although I'm not a baker, this tray was too cute to pass up
Kitchen table. It's fiber optic and changes color...better seen in the dark!
My heirloom pump organ from @ late 1800's - early 1900's. It's my FAVORITE piece of furniture!
Halloween Town! At night, it's all lit up. The kids love to press the buttons on the "dolls" in the front, they move and speak...SPOOKY!!!
My entryway. Pumpkins are my obsession this year! The fiber optic one on the bottom is the kids' favorite.
Outside of my home. Yep, I went a little crazy with the pumpkins...
My stoop, I love to sit out here!And that, my dear friends, is how the Juntunen's do Halloween...well, THIS year anyway!


2 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow, it all looks GREAT! Unfortunately, I doubt I will have the time or energy to do anything quite that elaborate. Can you believe I haven't even bought ONE pumpkin yet?! I do however already have Addie's costume...she is going to be Tinker Bell.

Kara said...

I have to say I'm somewhat challenged in the decorating area... it's sad, really.