GIRLS DAY!
The past two evenings I've been working on the Pediatric unit at Meritcare until midnight, so basically, I see my kids in the morning and don't get to see them again until the NEXT morning! Yeah, I miss being the last face they see before they go to sleep at night and APPARENTLY they miss me too (at least ONE does!)!! This morning, I woke up Savannah and she asked if I got to stay home today, when I told her "yepper", she started yelling, "I'm staying home with you!!" So OF COURSE I had to keep her home for a GIRLS DAY!
We had to run to school so I could take a quiz, she met 5 of my professors and they "ooh-ed" and "aahhh-ed" over how CUTE she is (wink!), then it was off to Olive Garden for soup, salad, breadsticks and the BEST Mac-n-Cheese EVER!! We were not finished though since she insisted she "did not need a nap" - we went to Bath&Body Works (the GOOD SMELLING store!) where we got new fragrences for the house and some friggen expensive hand lotion for little miss demanding! Ha!
For the finale, we went to Target and got some "essentials" (toothpaste, thank you cards, etc). Did I mention that "essentials" now includes fluffy, sparkly, pink princess slippers?!? Yeah, we BOTH got a pair (well, mine aren't sparkly nor do they have Princesses on them!)...the major task for the day was watching her pick out her outfit and decide how she wanted her hair done!! It was a WONDERFUL girls day...wonder when she'll be old enough to take her to the SPA to get manicures or pedicures....??
What a blessing she is!
The famous pink, fluffy slippers...
5 comments:
How FUN to have a girl! I just told Rachel tonight that we need to go to the mall for cheesy pretzels (her favorite) and her face lit up like a light bulb!
I know! I mean, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my boys and we have fun on our special days as well, but girls are just DIFFERENT! I have no idea how she got to be so girly, but I'm lovin' it while I can!!
brandi
How special. She is so stinkin' CUTE. I would be happy to have another girl...if we decide to have another one that is.
Brandi, if you want to check out my sister's blog it is the 'Johnstons' link on my blog. Liam is getting to be a BIG boy, she has lots of pictures. Enjoy.
Laurie- you're going to have another baby, none of us are fooled by your "if" talk
:)
Post a Comment