Wednesday, November 2, 2011

PARKER'S FIRST BUCK!!

OCTOBER 20th, 2011
It's that time of year again....HUNTING SEASON!!  Parker is SO EXCITED to go again this year and we are headed out to the same spot as last year (no, he did not shoot anything last year unfortunately!) ~ Thief River Falls at the Stenseth farm (SUCH nice people!!).  We took the whole weekend off and since it's MEA, our weekend starts on THURSDAY!  YAY!
The hunter~man....ready to HUNT!  Chad decided to head out early this evening!  And it's a good thing he did because PARKER SHOT A BUCK!  WHOO~HOO!!  Since Chad did not have a camera on hand, they ran back into town and got Aiden, Savannah and I so I could bring the BIG CAMERA out!  I am SO EXCITED for Parker!!
Neat little "artwork" out on the farm!  Wonder how they got that one on the top!?!
Here is our mighty hunter next to his blind.
Here he is with his trophy!!  I know, I know, it's not the largest buck in the world, but it works for us!
HOW PROUD!!
The whole family shows up for such an exciting event!  Yes, they are in their jammies!
I can't tell who's smile is bigger!!
Time to gut it....after I took this pic, I went and helped hold the other leg!
Aiden checking out the innards....they were pulled out in such a way that they were still anatomically correct on the ground.  I took this opportunity to point out all of the parts!!  I even poked the stomach and looked to see what he'd had for dinner!  This is the point where Chad started puking.....well, it's what you get when you have a nurse for a wife and mother!
Chad then took his bloody hands and wiped them on Parker's face.  This is the ritual after your first kill after all....at least he didn't have to take a bite out of the heart!
Thank you, Mr. Deer for providing our family with deer sticks this winter!!

No comments: