In our family, it's tradition to spend Christmas Eve with my side of the family...since having kids, it's been held at my mom's house, before that, it was at my grams & gramps' home on the lake (sure miss those times). This year, thanks to mother nature sending us a big ol' BLIZZARD, we got to see more of the family than we are used to!! It was really nice enjoying a plethera of food, drinkin' wine and visiting with family. Sometimes, I get so overwhelmed with the PREPARATION of Christmas, that by the time it comes, I'm almost too crabby to enjoy what's going on around me. This time, I made myself slow down, take a few breaths, and SOAK IN the spirit of the season!
Here are my DARLING little kiddos and the beautiful Miss Avery! She's getting SO BIG and has THE BLUEST eyes!! Look at that cute outfit (looks like she's a present!) I tell ya, my kids LOVE this little girl (ummm...so do I)!
My grandpa makes sure that the Christmas story (from the Bible) gets read before gifts are opened...Parker was VERY excited to have the honor of reading to us this year!
The way she played with the bows, you'd think THEY were the present!
Aiden was happy about his GI Joe's to add to his collection! Thanks Grandma & Emmett!
Oh yea! Finally, a picture of Avery AND HER PARENTS! Brady and Angie
Grandpa Orris and his children: my uncle Todd and my mom Pam! I really like gramps in that yellow sweater!
After all the hullaballoo at grandma Pam's--we got home, opened our new jammies (this is a tradition us Juntunen's started last year!), snuggled into them, and set out cookies and milk for Santa! We even used the placemat that Parker made at daycare about 6 years ago!! Oh, and I can't forget...we sprinkled the reindeer food outside (yes, in the blizzard!) for Rudolph and all his buddies (you know their names..."you know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen..."). Now let's see if we can start a NEW tradition ---SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!! hahahahahahaaa!
No comments:
Post a Comment