One of the final things we got to do on our WHIRLWIND trip to Minneapolis this month was to spend the afternoon at the famous Minnesota Reinassance Festival (wonder who's idea THAT was...??)! If you've never heard of it, here is a link: http://www.renaissancefest.com/MRF/ and, if you live in the wonderful state of MN and have never heard of it ~ shame on you! It's a fun-filled adventure (as long as you don't mind dirt)! We had a lot of fun and the kids are already talking about going back next year! HUZZAH!
Cousins ready to get inside the gates!
The Gates
Parker and Noah
What would a festival be without a GIANT Turkey Leg!?!? Thanks, Chad - for being a good sport and letting me take this picture.
A Swashbuckling Sword Fight!
A gypsy wagon
Not long after walking through the gates, I'm making them stop to take pictures! Miss Savannah drug me into the FIRST clothing shoppe we found and was amazingly fast at picking out this three-piece ensemble! It was so cute on her and she wouldn't stop spinning around in it so OF COURSE I had to purchase it!
A Knight in Shining (well...maybe at SOME point it was shining!) Armor!
This is one of the happiest little girls you will ever meet! She ALWAYS has a smile on her face and a skip in her heart...doesn't she look pretty in her "Fair Maiden" outfit?
Tee, hee...that's me and my mother-in-law!
I wasn't sure if this was a NEAT idea...or if I was supposed to feel SORRY for that poor turtle! It was HOT OUT!
A beautiful face being delicately painted by a gypsy woman. The artist was AMAZING!
Here are some fair maidens with beautiful faces!
My little lady and I even got headware...thanks honey!
Ha, ha, ha...Aiden wanted a giant pickle SO BADLY! He asked and this lady kept nagging me to get him one, so I let him...FOR A PRICE! I made them pose for this picture as a FAIR TRADE! She has rose petals on her lips...hmmm...gonna have to try that one out some day!
These three FEROCIOUS kids got ARM DRAGONS...they are bendable and glow in the dark dragons. Look at how fierce Savannah tries to be! What a bunch of honeys!
This is the WHOLE CREW! Going left to right: Dana, Shane, Noah, G-ma Joey, Gpa Steve, Ilea, Colby, Chad, Me, Parker, Aiden, Savannah & Brody!
Brothers enjoying a MUG o BEER! What a nice end to a fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment