Thursday, December 19, 2013

Reasons To Love....

I'm trying to fall asleep....my mind is whirling. SO!  I decided to write down a few reasons I love Chad Rayne Juntunen - what better way to celebrate his birthday than to tell him how AMAZING he is!!  These aren't in numerical order - so I'll just list them.
~ He was SO SHY - you could get him to blush SOO EASILY! It was darling
~ He liked RAP! I am NOT a fan...but when I first met him, it was funny to see a skinny white-boy who can't dance, trying to rap!  Have I ever mentioned he was TONE DEAF as well!!?
~ Sometimes, I would OUT OF THE BLUE, look at him and say, "I would like to go back to school", "I wanna get another job", "I need to move to Iowa with Parker for Grad School", "let's try canning even though neither of us knows how" and my latest favorite: "I want to build a Butterfly Garden" - he would just look at me and say, "ok....what can I do?"- I was the LUCKIEST GIRL ALIVE....
~ His FAMILY came FIRST!  And I'm not just talking about me and the kids....his mom, brothers, grandparents, aunts & uncles and cousins came FIRST!
~ He was an AMAZING COOK!  And he did it because he LOVED it...grilling was his specialty.
~ He put OTHERS NEEDS FIRST and would do ANYTHING for family / friends....how many of you know what I'm talkin' about!?
~ He giggled like a school girl. Seriously.
~ He was a jokester - ESPECIALLY with the "boys" at work!
~ He was WICKED SMART with finances/numbers/sales.
~ He ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS called me before coming home from work to ask me if I "needed anything" - even if he was upset with me because I hung up on him earlier in the day for calling and/or texting me too much throughout the day!!  hahahahaha
~ He kissed his kids goodnight - weather or not they were awake when he got home.
~ Whenever we went on a date OR I got the rare chance to go out with girlfriends - he would ALWAYS bring home a SUPER FUN CAR - and...hold on to your shorts, ladies - if it was a date with just him and I - HE LET ME DRIVE!!!  I didn't have to ask.
~ He planned our family vacations on places to EAT! 
~ His golfing skills were breathtaking.
~ That little shit could sell SNOW to an ESKIMO - and get other people to take out his garbage or go rescue his silly wife at Target because she locked her keys in the car....AGAIN!  And they would DO IT SMILING!!
~ At night, he had to be in contact with me while we fell asleep - more often than not, he held my hand.
~ He offered his elbow to little old ladies when he walked them to their car. No shit.
~ Farmers who bought trucks from him on a semi-to yearly basis would stop into the dealership "Just to chat" or to bring him treats their wives made....honestly, I can't MAKE THIS CRAP UP PEOPLE!
~ He LOVED hunting and fishing and wanted more than anything to pass that love onto his children....he was OVER THE MOON from the fact that Savannah LOVES TO FISH!!!
~ If you needed a favor - he'd be there - and wouldn't ask for anything in return.  Unless you were REALLY close to him - then he got as much work out of you at every chance he could, right Paul!?!  Hehehehehe.
~ He put up with my dumb-ass for 17 years. Enough said there, eh?

Okay...my mind is quieting down now....thank you for putting up with my mental breakdown...Merry Christmas Everyone!!!  HUG THOSE YOU LOVE AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN!!!
 
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandi ~ you're an amazing writer and makes us feel like we are right there with you. Chad is a lucky man to have such an amazing family and friends and he will never be forgotten.

Lady Hawley Nuggets said...

Love it - I suck at saying things like this but I should take a note from you and do it! :-)