Friday, September 27, 2013

Anniversary

SEPTEMBER 20th, 2013

So, today is my....or WOULD be my 16 year Anniversary.  I had to work, the kids went to school and life rolls on.  Today I decided to put more effort into our family blog.  I mean, after all - it's been WELL over a year since I posted anything on here....with instagram, facebook, texting - so many ways to keep in touch with each other - who uses a blog anymore?!  I decided that I do.  There are just some things that I want to share with those people in my life who I love, but I DON'T want to share them with the entire community of Facebook!!  I want my family and friends to know what's going on with us, but I don't NEED people feeling sorry for me, pretending to be happy for us, or just flat out in my business. SO!  To honor my husband - and to try and maintain some SANITY - I'm going to use this blog....MY FAMILY BLOG - to write down whatever the hell I wanna, however I'm feeling - and I'm going to CHERISH the memory of the ONE TRUE LOVE of my life.  In fact, I'm treating this space as my personal connection to Chad - I'm gonna tell him about our days, our ups and downs, our thoughts and feelings and we are going to REMEMBER - because, honestly folks....who could, or would want to, forget someone as amazing as Chad?!

SO!  TODAY!  16 years....haahahahha....well, who would have guessed, huh honey?  We burned FAST and BRIGHT and made 3 AMAZING children.  Had ups and too many downs to count - but there we were....connected. If you were here today, you probably would be working!  HAHAA! But you would have texted or called me a MILLION times - driving me CRAZY, I might add! - to "check in" and see how I was....in fact, you would have called me from work by about 8:30 to tell me that you KNEW what you were going to make for our special anniversary supper - and it would have been ELABORATE and AMAZING and you would have come home LATE-I would have been irritated, but you woulda started up the grill anyway, STILL wearing your dress clothes.  Then I would have put the kids to bed, the food would just be getting done, and we'd have a little picnic in the family room in front of the fire watching T-voed episodes of Lost Girl. (BTW - I still sit on the couch sometimes watching a show we used to watch together and talk to you like you are sitting next to me....however, I have NOT been able to watch the episodes of Lost Girl)

I MISS YOU and we LOVE YOU - FOREVER.

Here is the last picture taken of you and I.  It is quite possibly my MOST FAVORITE!  You sweet, sexy pirate!!
Love,
Me

No comments: