Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Parker's 1st Communion Gift

It is SO HARD to find a "neat" Communion gift for a boy...believe me, I looked and LOOKED.  I finally decided on this (above).  I wanted Parker to have something that represented his Christianity AND marked this special day in his life...not to mention let him know how proud we were of him.  I thought this was "neat" for a few reasons: 1) Yes, I know it is a "necklace"; however, the style of the chain and the dog tag seemed to make it more masculine, 2) You can see the cross...I found some really cute chains that had sports on them, but they did not represent FAITH in any way!  3) I had it engraved - the front of the dog tag says, "The Lord's Angels Watch Over and Guide You In All Your Ways", the back of the dog tag says "Parker Steven Juntunen - 1st Communion - 4.17.2011" and on the back of the cross are his initials "PSJ", after all....we chose that name special for him, it's important where it came from and I'm so glad he doesn't "hate" it!  We may have gotten to name him, but the Lord is the one who gave him to us and I get teary-eyed thinking about how grown up he is....how special he is....and how much I love and adore this first born son of mine!  The Lord will bless you Parker....I'm just blessed to have you! 

No comments: