November 17th, 2009
Winter Hearth Dinner
Foods that warm the soul
I had made a "date" for my husband and I (which we NEVER get to go on) to a fun themed dinner. Long story short - my husband DITCHED me for a hunting trip to Montana so I took my MOTHER and made Chad pay for it! Yay Me!
This was the menu:
Appetizer: Prosciutto Wrapped Salmon & Citrus Grilled Shrimp
Pistachio Pesto, Bell Pepper Sauce & Balsamic Syrup
Soup: Brie Cheese & Pear Bisque
Marinated Dried Fruits & Puff Pastry Croutons
Salad:Petite Greens with Burgundy Poached Pear
Goat Cheese, Toasted Hazelnuts & Sherry Vinaigrette
Intermezzo: Pomegranate Granita
Entrée: Wild Turkey Cassoulet
White Bean Stew with Smoked Pork, Roasted Garlic & Seasoned Bread Crumbs
Dessert: White Chocolate & Pumpkin Crème Brulee
Candied Butternut Squash & Spiced Pecans
Pistachio Pesto, Bell Pepper Sauce & Balsamic Syrup
Soup: Brie Cheese & Pear Bisque
Marinated Dried Fruits & Puff Pastry Croutons
Salad:Petite Greens with Burgundy Poached Pear
Goat Cheese, Toasted Hazelnuts & Sherry Vinaigrette
Intermezzo: Pomegranate Granita
Entrée: Wild Turkey Cassoulet
White Bean Stew with Smoked Pork, Roasted Garlic & Seasoned Bread Crumbs
Dessert: White Chocolate & Pumpkin Crème Brulee
Candied Butternut Squash & Spiced Pecans
How cute is this!? I didn't get a good pic of the soup, but it was my FAVORITE part of the meal!
My mom and I had a fun night together (Thanks MOM!) so I guess it wasn't ALL bad that I got ditched...hope Chad gets a deer though because he's gonna need something to snuggle up to in the dog house when he gets home!
No comments:
Post a Comment