Saturday, November 7, 2009

Scrap Happy Scrapper!

Once a year I get to take a "weekend off" and HANG OUT WITH THE GIRLS! We go to a retreat that is a Bible Camp during the summer months, we get to sleep over night in bunk beds (just like the good 'ol days!) with sleeping bags and such, they feed us three meals a day with SNACKS (way cool, huh?), we hang out in our jammies, and we get to scrap until our eyes fall out of our heads!! It's usually a Friday afternoon/evening through Sunday lunch deal. I go with a couple of friends from high school...actually, Cassie was my neighbor growing up, so we were friends from BIRTH practically! Ahhh the memories....anyways, this trip was REALLY special for me because we went to Camp Emmaus which is where Cassie and I went to Bible Camp during Jr/Sr high! I haven't been back since...Cass and I were even on the cover of one of their flyers one year, this place has a special place in my heart!
This camp is outside of Menagha, MN...it RAINED my WHOLE drive, but I was SO excited to be back, I ran out to the deck and took a picture of the lake I used to canoe on as a kid...even BEFORE I unpacked my gear!
If you look in the middle of that building you can see the cross. That is the building we worshipped in and sang in during my camper years!
It was un-seasonably cool for this time of year, it rained the day before, and there was fog all around but I was DETERMINED to take some pics "for old times sake"!!
Dont'cha just wanna SIT on that little dock!?
Here's a pic from the lake looking at our scrap area. It's actually the lunch room when camp is in session! It was PERFECT...we got to sleep downstairs...imagine how CONVENIENT that was!
Saturday morning brought the mist for most of the day...oh well, at least it's not RAIN!
Me and my BFF from WAY BACK! Man...this lady and I have SO MANY MEMORIES! It's so silly...she lives in West Fargo (like 12 miles away) and we NEVER see each other, but no matter how much time lapses between our get togethers, we ALWAYS pick up where we left off and seem to have SO MUCH SILLY FUN! Shall I share a secret? Well, for EXAMPLE...it was about one o'clock in the morning and the song "Thriller" came on the sound system. I said to Cassie, "we should learn that dance" - she pulled up the instructions on her computer and we spent the next 20 minutes or so entertaining everyone as we tried to follow and learn the dance. Well, ok, maybe you had to be there, but let me tell you...at the time (and the next day for sure) it was REALLY funny!
Me and Kirsti! She's my "Creative Memories lady"~! We met in high school when our schools combined (Dilworth and Glyndon-Felton) and we CHEERED TOGETHER! Can you just SEE IT!?
This is the "food guy"...he was REALLY nice and kept our tummies MORE than full!
This is a pic of our table. Can you BELieVE that only 4 ladies were scrappin' here?
The WHOLE CREW! We "hooked up" with Jodi's group of scrappers from Hawley..they are such a nice group of girls!
This is a pic of the girls that were at our table for the weekend! Me (in my jammies, I might add!), Wendy (she works with Cassie and is SO CUTE!), Kirsti (scrap QUEEN), and Cassie (my BFF from WAY BACK!). Just looking at us, can you IMAGINE how much FUN we had this weekend!?! tee, hee!
I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but as our "night snack" tonight, we got popcorn(and this is a HUGE BOWL of it) and a FIRE in the fireplace! Ohhh yeahhhhh! The night before, we got ice cream sundaes and the little chef even made us freshly cooked chocolate chip cookies for an after lunch snack because the weather was so crappy. Where ELSE are you gonna find stuff like this!? Man, I am so BLESSED to have the opportunity, the friends, and the family I have!! I know this blog was longer than the usual "longness" I tend to blather on about...it was just a really special event for me....hope you enjoyed it too, through my eyes!

No comments: